Sunday, October 5, 2008

The ORGAN!!!


Curt has started working for one of our neighbors part time selling organs and managing their used organs and some other things.  They wanted him to learn how to play so that when he goes out on sales calls he could show the customer the capabilities of the organ.  He is thrilled because he has always wanted to learn how to play the piano, organ is close enough.  

So he and I have been having a great time learning together.  I was very surprised at how fun it was, I played the piano for like 5  years and never thought twice about the organ.  I have changed my views, it is funner than the piano and sounds better you can create the whole band on the one organ.  Well our nephews were at the the house the other night and Curt decided to show them his new form of entertainment.  The boys loved it.  They did not want to get off.  The organ has all sorts of buttons and different sounds like rock n' roll and country.  It was the highlight of the night. 

Briggs, Beckham and Curt having a blast. 

8 comments:

Bentleys said...

Curt really can do everything! Love the piano but the organ makes me feel like im at church! Glad you're having fun with it!

Ashlee said...

How fun! Jared said he wants to come play it. My grandma has one at her house and Hudson loves to play it. His favorite is to turn it as loud as it will go. He just laughs. Have fun with it.

simple mom/wife said...

Fun! I love playing the organ. It's so different than the piano. I think I like the challenge of feet and hands at the same time. Way to go!

Colby & Brenda said...

does curt sell used pianos too, or is it just organs? they are fun to play. i haven't played the organ for quite a few years though. Brenda

Johnstun Fam said...

Thats so awesome! I was just thinking a couple weeks ago about starting to learn to play the piano and organ! Way to go you guyse! Curt seriously is the jack of all trades!
miss yaloaveya

The Johnson's said...

I love that you guys are learning together. Just don't get very good or you'll be that lady at organ in church for the next 50 years.

Lund Family said...

Heather!!
I am so glad that I found your blog!! Briggs is getting so big and so is Beckham! We need to get together soon. Call me because I am sure you are way busier that I am! How are you guys?

The Alands said...

Awesome! that is such a cool thing to learn, it looks so hard.