Sunday, September 21, 2008

Labor and Delivery

Wow what a day spent in Labor and Delivery. I had a 12 hour shift there yesterday and it was so fun. 3 babies and lots of Moms with the possibility of leaking fluid later.....the day ended. I loved every second of it and had seen 4 births as the comforter or family side but never with the view of the nurse, it was very interesting. I have had this as a possiblity for me to specialize in and am going to still keep that as a possibility, I really enjoyed it. I think that the whole birthing process is amazing although I was having a hard time imagining myself in that bed but I have a lot of respect for our bodies and the changes it goes through to bring that baby to this world and a BIG SHOUT OUT to all you moms, great job and what an amazing gift to be blessed with. Stay tuned for more crazy clinical stories :). Did I say I am loving this semester, anything beats med surg, I pray I spend as little time as possible there for the rest of my career.

4 comments:

Johnstun Fam said...

Fun!! How exciting! I miss talking to you but I am so glad that you are enjoying your semester of school. loveyou!

J + A Humphreys said...

Wow! That is SO cool. Once upon a time I was going to be an OB...I just love that stuff. All the nurses and my docs that helped me deliver both my boys were so important and I was thankful for they help they gave me. Having good nurses makes a world of difference to delivering moms.

Blake and Leslie said...

Hi Heff! How are you? That sounds so awesome!! It sounds like you are loving it. I hope you enjoy the rest of your schooling! I bet you will have more and more amazing experiences. Take care! Love, Les

The McClellan Clan said...

Hey girl, sorry long time since I last commented. I thought I had you on my blog, but realized I didnt! sorry!! Love your background. great minds think alike!!! I'm glad your liking school. I couldn't do it if I were you! Hows st. george, How much longer do you have!?!? Tell Curt hello for us!