Sunday, August 31, 2008

School has Started!!!



Summer is officially over for me.  I started school  this week and spent two 12 hour days on campus, thankfully that will not be every week.  This is my second year of nursing school and this semester I get to have rotation on Labor and Delivery, Peds, and Psych.  I am way excited for all these rotations.  I start clinicals next weekend and have them every weekend until Thanksgiving. One good thing is that time will fly by because I will be so busy.  I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel I will be and RN by May, WahOO!!! I am hoping to do mostly Labor and Delivery, I have seen 3 births and it is so amazing.    We have been learning a lot about the pregnancy and delivery thing and can I say WOW!!  All you moms get the gold star for performance.  Lets just say more knowledge is not always better  :)   


 

5 comments:

Jaymerz said...

Ahh it isn't that bad!! It is great (Ok maybe not all of it but it is so worth it!!) Good luck with school, at least you have an end in sight.

Bentleys said...

GO HEATHER and GO UTES!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Heather--you're gettin-er-done!! I think you would make a really great labor and delivery nurse!--It's the nurse who makes all the difference..the Dr's on there the pushin baby out part :p
I had this really ditsy blonde nurse-in-training (dont' know the official word) girl who was helping my (already awful) nurse when I had Austin...Oh she was making me nervous!..it was her first day on the floor & you could tell she was just a dingy one, and they let her put in my catheder and help with the epidural--eek! ... Luckily for your patients they'll have a competent, smart, & nice nurse by their side. (As you can tell by the novel I just wrote...I think labor & delivery nurses have a pretty high calling!)

Anonymous said...

(I meant to type *the Dr's only there)
Oh & go BYU ..lol ;) - It's football season! :D

...Oh & happy belated b-day Curt!

Johnstun Fam said...

Thats a way cute picture!!!
I am so excited for you that you are almost done!!! I wish I could stomach it, I always wanted to be a nurse! Why is Jess saying go utes....? ITs GO BYU!!!
loveya!