Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Birthday!!


         

Yes, as you all know I was dreading my birthday but it wasn't so bad :)

I have such wonderful family and friends and the best husband ever that it turned out to be a very memorable birthday.  

Curt and I woke up and rode 26 miles on our road bikes for all my many 26 years, it was so fun.  He then made me breakfast and then the regulars for swim days came over with cards and presents and balloons and a cake, and I had a great celebration with them.  Curt surprised me with 14 dozen roses on my bed when I was done swimming, I was stunned :)  It was "a bed of roses"  :)  He had done this when we were dating and did it again, they were gorgeous. 

We then got ready for a night out with just Curt and I.  Which consisted of a wonderful dinner at Gun Barrel, delicious dessert at Golden Spoon ( it was even double stamp day yes!!) and then a great night finished off with Tuachan which is playing Les Miserables right now.  The play was not my favorite and it didn't help that it was still 100 degrees outside but it was so fun just to go and do it with Curt. Any body that knows Curt knows he made a sacrifice for me to enjoy my birthday by suffering through a play.....he was a good sport.  Thanks dear for a perfect day.


                

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Heather! Oh, c'mon...I thought we weren't supposed to be upset about birthdays until we are 30? 26 isn't that bad, right?! I'm glad you had so much fun!

Bentleys said...

Glad you had a good bday! Love ya!!!

The McClellan Clan said...

I was sooooo thinking of you all August and wishing you had a blog so I could write and tell you happy birthday!!!!! WOW I am so jealous!!!!! That sounds like the BEST birthday ever!!!! except 100 degree weather!!! But I'd take it!!!! I hope you LOVED IT
Happy Birthday. It made me miss our August b-day celebration last year!!