Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July Hike

Well my parents were coming down for the 4th and I had decided last weekend that I had wanted to try more hikes around here.  We have some many beautiful areas that we have never seen and how long have we lived here....8 Years!!!  Silly!!


1st new hike: Kanarraville Falls hike I would give it 5 stars and a must see vote as would my Fam.

We left for the hike around 10 and got there to start the hike around 11 a little detouring and getting lost in there but we got back on track and found the start.  The hike starts on a dirt road and then you get to the river bed and you turn onto the river and hike up the river the whole way pretty much.  There are a couple of areas that have paved walk ways but in the water most of the time (this is why I chose this hike for July since it is so blasted hot!!)  The river was nice and cool and actually at first our feet were frozen from walking in it but we soon got used to it and found it very refreshing.  

There were slot canyons and waterfalls and just amazing scenery that I didn't even know existed and better yet you didn't have to pay 25 dollars to get into the park, love ya Zions but not all the time.  It was so fun and we had a blast.  

Curt was determined to make it to the top but we didn't we were getting tired and many blisters on Heathers feet we all voted to turn back, we really didn't know how far it went because most people stop at the second set of falls well not us!!!  

We saw many birds and a rattle snake, yikes it rattled and we left it alone.  All in all it was a great hike so if you are in Southern Utah and want a great hike look this one up.  Check out my pics in the slide show.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Hello!?! I totally want to do this hike when we come down sometime. Hopefully we'll come down in August. Anyway, I love hiking in slot canyons, you guys looked like you had a great time! Happy 4th! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow!--what a hike! SO pretty, too--I'll keep this one in mind for some future recreation.. -I'm in charge of girls camp this year and we're backpacking in tomorrow..I'm a little nervous; haven't backpacked in a Long time...but then my pack weighs about as much as Austin (husky boy), so Hopefully I'll be used to carrying that much around :)