Sunday, June 29, 2008

Girls Week in Palm Springs!

The Girls and Our first Shopping day, Do we look ready or What?



I had to use a week at my time share and it needed to be used by July 4th and so Curt couldn't get work off for another week since we just got back from Cancun.  So I rallied together my mom, sister and sister-in-law and decided to head to Palm Springs, road trip!!!
My sister-in-law just got her dental hygiene license and started her new job the week we were leaving.....so she couldn't come, we missed you Heather!!  

My mom flew into Vegas and Tawnya and I headed down to pick her up and off we were to Palm Springs.  One big thing we forgot was Sunday California traffic, it was a nightmare 10 miles an hour for 3 hours, I think seriously we went 30 miles total, but we made the best of it and come to find out a semi had rolled down a ravine and that was why traffic had stopped not because of the Californians.  So we got to our resort around 11 at night and I go walking in to check us in and it is the most gorgeous lobby I have ever seen.  I said to my mom "this is so nice, is the Westin a really nice place to stay?"  She said it was up there with the Ritz I had no idea!!  So we got this amazing villa suite and enjoyed every minute of it. We technically stayed in Rancho Mirage but all the little cities ran together.  

We shopped, shopped and shopped.  It was great.  One of the outlets we went to had over 130 stores......it was a dream come true.  And yes I found many great deals and came home with many great things, Curt was impressed ;) 
 
We also hiked up Palm Canyon.  It is a canyon that has about 15 miles of Palm trees up this ravine between desert on both sides it was so crazy to see. We, of course, showed up to hike around noon the hotest time of the day (it was 110 degrees outside) so we hiked a couple of miles and were sweating our guts out and turned back and said "That was Great" but we are 
dying of heat.
(if you look behind me in the picture by myself you can see the winding lines of palms all the way up the canyon)

On our way home from the hike we took the scenic route and saw lots of things but my mom found an airplane museum and she thought that the plane that my grandpa flew in WWII was in there so we went and got to see the crazy planes they flew in the war and got to his plane the HellCat.  It was crazy and just seeing what they flew compared to what we have now helped me gain a lot of respect for our forefathers who have fought for our freedoms.  Thanks gramps, he
passed away three years ago this fall and I miss him so much :)

 
This is the HellCat!!  We all wore our plaid shorts on the same day :)  We really looked related.

We did alot of laying by the pool and reading our books, I am very into The Host right now and can't wait to find out how it ends.  We also ate at many yummy restaurants.  Thanks Mom and Tawnya for an awesome vacation and we are now making it a tradition, it was so fun!!

At a yummy restaurant called Roy's.  I guess they are really big in Hawaii, greatest food I have ever had....Thanks Aunt Jan for the recommendation. 

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

What a fun trip! Wish I could do something like that. I am in Boston right now looking for a place. We are planning on coming July 10th. Probably that night through sunday. I think its just Me, Jared, Hudson and Court.

Bentleys said...

Looks like fun glad you are home and we can start swimming!!!!

elder sessions said...

looks like fun you three it is about that hot here right now love you

Anonymous said...

Fun Stuff!!..That's a neat hike!--good for you going even when it was sweltering!
We have an aerospace museum up here by us; it's a really neat place to go... Hellcats are Such cool airplanes! - Our Grandpa Morris flew bombers in WWII. But yeah...much respect to that generation!

Christyn Caryn said...

That is so cool that you got to see the plane that grandpa flew. I have always wondered, isn't that so cool that our grandpa was a pilot, I remember dad telling all sorts of crazy stories about grandpa and his flying days. Oh that makes me miss him. The trip looks like it was a blast! If ever you need more people to come with you to Palm Springs and I am in town... I am all in :) haha j/k. Love ya!