Sunday, March 29, 2009

Georgia!!

Spring break at our house last week.  Curt and I  split paths thinking it was time for me to stay home and find a job for my up coming graduation and job hunt (49 more days but who is counting) and his brother in Georgia (Brunswick, close to the coast) needed Curt to go work on his place that they are putting up for sale.  As shown by the pictures below not sure how much work he got done and how much was play ha ah!!  No, just kidding.  It was great for him to hang with the fam and they love having their Uncle Curtie there!  Thanks Michelle and kids, he had a blast. 

Ethan, driving, Curt lets anyone drive, I guess he doesn't set an age limit ;)
Out in front of their house.  Stephanie, Curt, Ethan and Amy
He took the girls bowling, out for some good "Uncle" time.

And also let Amy drive, does Stephanie look terrified?  HA HA


Oh and back to my job hunting story.  Talked to a few recruiters in Las Vegas, that is where I have decided to get a job, and all of them told me it was great if I brought down my resume and all but they do everything ONLINE and nothing in person until I get an interview.  I also needed to wait until I get my intermittent license which I don't get until I graduate.  So as one nursing recruiter said, "You are jumping the gun a little but it says great things about you too."  I talked a nursing recruiter at the Children's hospital in Las Vegas, (its the primary children's of nevada) and I told her that I was thinking NICU, Peds Oncology, Peds ER, Peds Surgery,etc and she said she thinks I would be a great fit and I got her personal line and she said give her a call in MAY!!  Wahoo.  I couldn't be more excited,  I just hope it works out for me.  It has been a long time dream to work at Primary Children's and as Salt Lake is not an option for me right now, this will work.  I can't wait to be "that" nurse that helps a parent out and gets to care for those great kids.  Of course, good comes with bad and we all get that but I feel like I am so close to touching my dream, I am SO excited.

As to what I was up to since there was no job to be hunting.......

Great movie, and I even cried, I love Richard Gere!!
Cute flick that I had forgotten about, had me laughing.

and last but not least, a great puzzle!!
So movies and a puzzle was my idea of removing my mind from school and just getting a lot enjoyment.  It would have been funner with Curt home but we both made the best of it.  All in all though we both had to go back to reality ( dang it) and real life when as you all know, who are doing the whole school thing,  spring break flew by!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man--Nase has been working in Georgia since last Tuesday (he gets home tomorrow--he travels a lot for his job)...I wonder if they were there at the same time--but I think he's near Atlanta, so that'd be a long ways away.
Anyway--good job with getting nursing school about wrapped up & onto the job hunt!...I'm sure you'll get your dream job & touch lives in so many great ways! -The labor & delivery nurse I had with Leka was So wonderful I almost named her after her! (And I had the world's worst nurse with Austin & she put a big damper on the experience!)...So I'm sure you will be "that" nurse to many many children & parents! (the great one, that is ;)

Jaymerz said...

Wow looks like they had so much fun with Uncle Curt, I still can not believe how big they all are.
I think you would be a great fit in the NICU, good luck with the rest of school, it will fly by I am sure.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! Check back to the blog soon I will have more of the pictures up. I love the ones that we got taken!
Good luck on the job hunt! Oh and if you want to you can enter to win some of my Diva Gloves at www.giveawaytoday.blogspot.com.

Candace Thomas said...

I just got so excited for you to graduate...almost as excited as if it were me! You will be such a great nurse...and you have the people skills. I wish I could have had a nurse like you when Jake was in the NICU. Can't wait to hear when you get your new job. And the movies...I will have to check out the Shall We Dance, I love him too!

sarah and jeremy said...

I hope you get the job you want!! Good luck...would you have to commute??

Amber said...

It takes a special person to work with kids and I think that you will do such a great job! Congrats on almost being done- That is such an acomplishment! Nursing school was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life ( in fact- I had no life when I was doing it ) The best part about this profession is that you will be a nurse for the rest of your life- even if you stop working for a little while(to raise your babies or something)- You will always have that title and that knowledge! I'm so proud of you- You've gone to a lot of school to get there :) I wish I lived close to you so that we could work together!

Justin, Shaylee, Mercedez and Sawyer said...

Holy crap your almost done with nursing!!! That is so exciting. It was pretty much the most stressful part of my life, but so worth it! I hope you get the job in Vegas! That would be so fun! Maybe I'll follow you down there cause I am so sick of WINTER!!!

Blake and Leslie said...

You are so close Heff! I'm so exicted for you! You will do awsome working with kids. What a rewarding job, and they would be crazy not to hire you! Hang in there this last month!

mommy and me said...

hi heather! you are so lucky you live in St. George.. we were just down there and it was kind of chilly, but still way nicer than ogden:) Your blog is cute! I love your cute doggies...You seem like you are doing wonderful!

she's beauty and she's grace said...

Curt seriously has the cutest family. Granted I really only know Brian, but these pics say a lot! You'll have to tell Brian hello for me. Thanks for the blog address. I love it!