Thursday, January 1, 2009

Polar Bear Swim


Saturday the 27th was the BIG day:  Polar Bear Swim and get rid of the SNOWMAN.

Curt had wanted Briggs and Beckham to come over to help "beat up" the Snowman.  And it only took a little coaxing before all the nephews were in on the plan.  

We found swords and sticks and the soon had holes and pieces of it missing. 

Soon they resorted to feet....to make it go faster :)

And in the end a good ol' hose and water, smart thinkers.  The head was thrown into the pool by Uncle Curt to see how long it would take to melt.....lets just say it was still in there after most people were done swimming, chilly!!

Next:  The Polar Bear Swim

Everyone anticipating the 40 degree water.  Curt and his brothers always have to do something crazy when they get together and then they convince everyone else that they should do it with them too.  I wasn't convinced.  The rule was everyone get in, swim around and it was going to be who ever stayed in the longest but by the end it was gratifying just by getting in the water :)
Curt and Craig making their way to the other end of the pool quickly!
Even Curt's Mom got in and I think her words were close to " Isn't this lovely."  Always being positive.

In the end all the adult guys and most of the teenagers were jumping in and Grandma.  There were like 10 crazy people out of the 35 of us.  It was all in all fun to watch and by the end of the day Curt did finally start warming up!

7 comments:

The McClellan Clan said...

OH MY GOSH!! I LOVE IT!! That is hilarious. I bet you guys love it. And I can't believe how fast all that snow melted. Just so you know I think we are coming out at the end of the month. We need to get together!! You guys ROCK!! tell Curt HI!!

Bentleys said...

I love that Curt and his family always have such a great time together!!! I am disappointed you didn't go for swim!!!

The Johnson's said...

OK that is just plain crazy! I thought people lived in St. George to avoid the cold.

Johnstun Fam said...

They are crazy! Looks like you all had a lot of fun though! Poor snow man....
I still can't believe he lasted as long as he did though. loveya!

Amber said...

WOW- looks like you have had lot's of fun events going on! I loved your idea for Christmas - to just write a note to each other- I'm sure that meant a lot. and the Polar Bear swim makes me cold just thinking about it! Sounds like something Curt would come up with though :) Happy New Year! - Amber

Candace Thomas said...

You guys are so funny! Looks like you a had a GREAT Christmas! I so wish we were down there in your weather...

Ashlee said...

We are heading back the 15th. I can't wait to see Jared. You will have to come see me in Boston now. We will have a great time! Looks like you had a great christmas.