Sunday, September 19, 2010

Update

What has happened since MARCH 2010:

  • A new NEPHEW: Rex joined us April 28, 2010. Tawnya has 3 boys :) Love them
  • Cancun in MAY. We took our two nephews and met up with my parents and brother. Awesome as always! Beach, Beach and more BEACH :)
  • Went to PHOENIX in JUNE. A much needed celebration 1 yr out of nursing school with JULIE. Loved Phoenix, loved food, love the Marriot, loved girl talk and nurse talk.
  • Curt went on the bro's hike in JULY in IDAHO. Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado have been crossed off their list. (They hike the highest peak in each state all of his brothers )
  • AUGUST brought my birthday.....a new car:) Our back packing trip to my dads favorite place on earth, RED CASTLE. Total back packing trip 27 miles hauling a pack of 38 lbs. It was awesome. Curts birthday!
  • I have been dying to do a race.....a triathalon. It was on my "bucket" list. So me and my sis-in-law agreed to train and work our butts off to acheive our goal. We set a goal.....under two hours. We also talked Curt into doing it with us. Curt finished in 1:35 and we finished in 1:48 under our goal. We were so nervous about our swim and we both superseeded our goal for our swim :) We are definitely doing more. SEPTEMBER the KOKOPELLI TRIATHALON. YAHOO. We had the best cheering section, thanks family and friends.
  • Another item on Curt and I's "bucket" list.....ITALY. OCTOBER will be our ultimate trip to ITALY. Visiting family, site seeing and an Eastern Mediterranian Cruise. Pictures will come, I promise.

Heather, Me, My Uncle Dan, My cousin Kandyce, Curt
We all did the triathalon.

Update on work: I am LOVING my job. It is rewarding, hard, happy, sad, heartbreaking and fun all in the same sentence. I am still in the ICU. The people I work with are AWESOME ( Vegas style :) It has become a "job" and is feeling really good when I am there but I am able to leave it there when I leave.

Life is good here. One day at a time and enjoying every second of it with Curt.
XOXOXO

6 comments:

Lori said...

good job! sounds like an awesome last 7 months. i'm glad you're blogging again.

The Razzle Dazzle Family said...

Sounds like you guys have been having a ton of fun! Way to go on the triathlon, that is awesome. Have a ton of fun in Italy I am jealous!!

Jason, Lindy, and Alexis said...

That's awesome that you did a triathalon! I can hardly go out for a jog and you're doing triathalons! And Italy, you are going to love it! I've been twice and would go back in a second! If you haven't mapped out all of the cities you plan to visit there yet, I recomend you add Cinque Terre to your list. I can easily say it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life!

Blake and Leslie said...

It sounds like you guys are doing great! That's awesome you did a triathlon! Good for you! And what fun vacations. I think I'm going to have to make a "bucket list" myself! It was good to see what you've been up to!

The McClellan Clan said...

Hey friend, HOLY COW, when are we going to fit into this craziness!! Sounds like you are doing great!! So happy for you!! Take care girl, give me a hollar when you are around:)

J + A Humphreys said...

So fun to run into you in St. G! You look awesome! Props on the triathlon...I think I would drown. :) Have fun on your upcoming trips. I'm jealous. :)