Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bubba has arrived!!

So the story begins on Monday afternoon 4/13/09.....
I arrived in SLC airport at 4 PM and expected Bubba's plane to land at 7:15 and I was going to surprise him at the gate....
Receive a TXT at 4:10 PM, he MISSED his flight!!  
Decision:  Stay at the airport for 8 hours or have my parents come get me drive home then drive back.....
I chose the 1st option.

This was my entertainment :)

My computer station...I attempted homework but I was entertained by my surroundings quite well.

My attempt of a self portrait...mind you I had to clean up my station and run to the bathroom about 4 times...what a pain!

AHH the arrival of the KING!!!!

My aunt was at the gate also, she flew in that night from D.C., and videoed for me.  My plan:  Grab Bubbas butt from behind and watch the reaction with my aunt videoing.
The videoing didn't capture the butt grabbing moment, but it went GREAT!!  He nearly died, it was hilarious. 
The Fam!!
Bubba's first subway...."It is heaven!"

A little bit of shopping and goofing off :)
Oh and the infamous dessert at Javier's!!!  It was so good!
A little bit of time for friends.
The homecoming or talk I should say .....lots of people and Bubba did awesome.
And the goodbyes and drive home.  I rode back with Heather, they bought a new truck and I kept her company.

All in all a great week to recoup for my last 3 weeks of school.  It is so great to have Bubba home and I forgot how much I missed his teasing and our long chats.  And I can call him any time now :)  Love ya Bub.
h

3 comments:

Jaymerz said...

How fun to have him home!! Alex has been gone for almost 9 months, it is going by fast which is good for my mom. Glad you had a good time and got a break

Johnstun Fam said...

So glad you had fun, thanks again for coming to see me! I wish we could have done something fun. And thanks for the cute outfits for Tate! love ya

Erin said...

Yay! I know my little bro has been counting down the days for Mitch to come home! I actually talked with Mitch on Sunday for a minute...what a cute boy :) Even though they were out serving and doing the right thing...it is nice to have them come home :)