Thursday, April 17, 2008

First Lawn Mowing Experience!!



Well as many of you may know, growing up we never owned a lawn mower.  Thanks to Green Touch lawn maintenance helped us kids out with that responsibility that I swear everyone in their life has had. 


Well Curt has been working out of town and it so happened that on the weekend we or he didn't get the lawn mowed and he was leaving Monday for Bullhead.  Garbage day is Tuesdays and so he didn't want the grass to sit in the garbage all week if the lawn waited for him to do it so.......yep he asked me to do it.  

I said I guess I can attempt.  Thank goodness Curt walked me through it on the phone and my sister in law Heather was over and gave me a few tips.  Yes, I did it and I even made diagonal lines.  To give you an idea of what an accomplishment, Jake, my brother didn't even believe that I did it.  Thanks bro.   

My slide show includes some photos and also of my green thumb, haha.  I have planted strawberries, fruit trees and tomatoes.  I am becoming a little farmer, I guess as much as you can in St. George with not much land :) 

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

I am so proud of you!

simple mom/wife said...

Nice job! I'm embarassed to say I've only mowed the lawn once or twice myself. I guess we just have wonderful husbands! Looks great!

Bentleys said...

I am so very proud of you!! Except Curt can ask you to do it all the time now!! YEAH YEAH YEAH HEATHER!!!!

The Razzle Dazzle Family said...

Heather what a proud moment for you. The question is are you going to do it again? : )

The Gardner's said...

I seriously cannot believe that you have never mowed the lawn! Crazy! Good job getting it done!

Johnstun Fam said...

Hi! Well I joined the crowed and set up a blog, I am in Cheyenne and cant sleep. Now I need to figure out how to add friends and what not! Good luck on Finals and have fun in Can Cun! I cant wait to come down, only a few more weeks! loveya!